10 Lessons From 2021 to Bring Into 2022
December 30, 2021
There’s nothing like the quiet sounds of winter — the dark hibernation period following the hustle and bustle of the holidays when we can re-center ourselves and reflect on the past year. 2021 was certainly not easy, but even amidst a pandemic and other life challenges, there were lessons learned and gifts received. With each cycle, we find it empowering and inspiring to note key takeaways from the past year, to serve as intentions for the 365 days to come. Here are ten life lessons we gained from 2021 that we're looking to bring into 2022.
1. Honor our inner voice — it always knows what’s right.
2. New habits take time. Baby steps each day are the way to change.
3. Face challenges honestly. When we feel through our pain, we allow it to evolve and help us grow.
4. Rest reigns supreme. Prioritize sleep to nurture health and wellness.
5. It’s ok to put ourselves first, but also hold present our place in community and family.
6. Real happiness comes from within.
7. Only from the darkness can we see the light. Even on bad days, we can focus on our highest goals and purpose.
8. Being a true friend means allowing others to evolve, listening without judgement and supporting each other's healing.
9. We may not always understand what we’re facing, but wisdom will always emerge if we allow it.
10. There’s nothing more important than health and our relationships with friends and family.
What lessons have you learned from the past year? We invite you to find some quiet time and write a list of your own.